lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

My graphic designer cousin María

Hello there, last week I interviewed my graphic designer cousin María, she told me a little bit about the pros and cons of being a designer and the parts of her career she enjoyed the most.

Name: María Díaz

Date: 19/09/2011

1. Could you please define Graphic Design in your own words?
Graphic Design is the process of solving problems in a visual way.

2. What influenced you to pursue graphic design?
The thing that influeced me the most is that this career offered me a way of expressing my creativity.

3. Could you please describe the educational process required to become an graphic designer?
To become a graphic designer you need to learn first of all about the design elements and composition, it is important to know how to create and armonious and balanced composition. You should also learn about typography, illustration and different techniques used to spice up your designs.

4. What are the skills you need to be a good graphic designer?
To be a graphic designer you have to be creative, you need to be able to solve and synthesize things. It also helps to be skillfull with the computer and design softwares.

5. What job considerations were you looking for after you completed your education?
I was looking for a simple spot in a graphic design studio, a place to get started and develope my working process, with a good office enviorement to learn how to work as a team.

6. What's something of your school life that you enjoy the most?
Being able to share my first design experiences with my friends.

7. from your perspective, what is the most difficult part of being an graphic designer student?
The fact that this career is not very common always affect on what people from other careers think of you or your work, they always assume you just doodle and have a lot of free time.

8. What are your plans for the future?
I'm planning to work in a famous magazine from the city as an editor.

9. Point out your most personally gratifying moment in graphic designer school.
Probably designing my first magazine for the editorial design class.

10. Why would you recommend graphic designer as a career?
It's the best outlet to explore your creativity.

Pretty cool huh?, I agree with most of her answers, graphic design is definitely the BEST outlet for your creativity and innovative ideas.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario